Dry skin gives a dull and lethargic impression due to lack of moisture. Skin, that has been dull for a long time, can give birth to wrinkles, which provide great discomfort and problems. Efficient and well-hydrated skin not only glows, but gives a healthy impression instead of aged appearance during the meetings and conversations. Several diseases like fungal infections and eczema are caused due to dry skin, which ruins the comfort of your life.
Causes of Dry Skin
- Presence of oil glands under our skin keeps our skin soft and smooth. These glands provide less lubrication when the skin is subjected to dryness.
- It is difficult for the skin to soak in the effects of cold and dry weather. Cold weather gives a scaly look to your skin due to lack of humidity in the outdoors. Indoor heating also aggravates the skin by removing the traces of moisture. In this way, cold weather brings about lots of difficulties with it.
- Dry skin may be caused due to genetic factors and nutritional deficiencies due to poor diet.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions and unhealthy practices like using harsh soaps, chemicals and harsh cosmetics, and swimming in chlorinated water results in the overall dryness of your skin.
- As we grow old, the skin loses its capacity to overcome the deficiencies of moisture. The extreme climatic conditions are very lethal for the old skin, which makes it drier.
- Different medications like anti spasmodic, diuretics and antihistamines give rise to the dryness of your skin.
- Several underlying diseases such as hypothyroidism, eczema, diabetes, psoriasis may lead to dry skin.
How to Get Rid of Adverse Dry Skin Effects
A proper skin care is an order of the day for a dull and dry skin. Proper skin conditioning and treatments are strictly advised by the doctors during consultation to keep the skin soft and smooth. Wrinkle free, smooth and soft skin gives an energizing and healthy look. Here are some simple and easy ways that may prove helpful to get rid of dry skin:
- Covering yourself with warm clothes in dry cold climates helps to moisturize your skin.
- Sitting near a fire place may result in the dryness of skin because of insufficient humidity.
- Over fried, stale and dry food makes your skin dry. Proper nutritional diets are very effective for glowing skin.
- Dehydration poses massive problems for skin. Use of 7-9 glasses of water is strictly advised for beautiful skin.
- Fruit juices, which are rich in vitamins and nutrients, are good for skin. Moreover, the inclusion of salt and sour in food gives you the essential nutrients needed by skin.
Dry skin can cause serious problems if left untreated. There are different prescribed and home remedies available, which are gradually used by the patients to overcome the adverse effects of dry skin.